Thursday, September 11, 2008

Diane Bush @ UCR Museum of Photography

Dear Bijma's I.E. viewers,

Diane Bush will be a part of a group exhibition named Micro Macro at the UCR Museum of Photography. The exhibition concerns depth and perspective of photographs and the different messages that come from manipulating them. While other photographers in the show simply photographed landscapes at short and far distances, Diane Bush's photographs yell out a message that is undeniable. She will be exhibiting photographs she has taken of news programs aired during the gulf war.
"sitting on my knees in front of the television, for each day of the war, I "documented" the war through the eyes of the public…only being able to see the faces of war correspondents and commentators, because no media (no "embedded" journalists) were allowed "on the front"."
These photographs express the eerie, hollow, and frightening feelings we receive by watching the news. We, as a society, are still dealing with the deceitfulness of news so i believe Diane's work is still relevant to what we are experiencing today. These photographs make me angry and inspire me. I hope they do the same for you.

MicroMacro
Photo Exhibition
September 04, 2008 - October 01, 2008
Opening Reception: September 04, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
















For more information go to the UCR Arts block Website:
http://www.cmp.ucr.edu/exhibitions/macro-micro/

-Bijma

1 comment:

Fifi La Booshnik (aka Diane Bush) said...

Diane Bush here.
If you like my work in print form, you may also like the video I am working on, which will document an art performance piece where I invite members of the public to help me create "The Im-BLEACHment George W. Bush" by throwing a small vial of diluted bleach on a large photo of George Bush until the image completely disappears.I hope to have the edited 5 minute version on You Tube before November 4.For more information you can contact me via my web site: www.dianebush.net
Peace!